Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Disarming the Agave

We gave the first dinner party in our 500 square-foot casita. As you can see the living room and dining room are the same.


I made roast chicken in Blair’s big slow cooker. It was tender, juicy, and delicious. With the chicken we had brown rice pilaf made with the saffron the kids brought back from their honeymoon, minted peas, and cranberry sauce. We served it buffet-style on the kitchen peninsula.


The occasion was a send-off for Dennis, who is traveling.


A little wine was consumed. This morning I found the wine cork hiding behind the fruit bowl. Hmmm. What if I stuck it on one of the dangerous agave spikes?


Ten more bottles of wine and I’ll have disarmed the tip of every leaf on our back-yard agave. 


It won’t take long. Intergenerational living makes almost every dinner a party.



Copyright 2015 by Shirley Domer

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dinner spot you created....and I love wine corks on the agave!
    I can't wait to see what you do with other Tucson plants, live or dead!

    ReplyDelete