Sunday, February 14, 2016

Egg on My Face

Recently I wrote about the ocotillo, an incredibly thorny bush native to the Sonoran Desert. I said that sometimes the ocotillo is used to create a fence, and I assumed that ocotillos would be planted in a row as a sort of hedge.

One of the four agreements is that I try to follow is “Make no assumptions.” Often I fail in that goal. In this case I assumed that living plants would be used as fencing. Today, as Dennis and I were exploring a neighborhood of very old Tucson buildings, we came across some fencing that caught my eye.


Yep, the fence is made of dead ocotillo branches woven together with wire.

Do I have egg on my face? Yes, I do. But I still think a living ocotillo fence would be effective.



Copyright 2016 by Shirley Domer

No comments:

Post a Comment