Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Time out for Organization

These are busy days. Christmas is coming up fast. There are planes to be met, cookies to be baked and English toffee to be made. The Bee House, our second casita, is almost completely renovated except for the bathroom fixtures selection and installation. Progress depends on our making some final choices, so I’m busy with collecting bids.

I need to stay focused, but yesterday I felt the urge to take a day off to concentrate on getting better organized. Our tiny house has two sheds attached to its back. One is for the water heater. The other is a precious storage space. It had become so disorganized I could barely get inside. Last winter I urged Dennis to get some shelving, but he hadn’t shown interest.

As it happened, yesterday was our 41ST wedding anniversary. Knowing that Dennis loves giving gifts, I grabbed the chance to ask for shelving as an anniversary gift and right away we were off to purchase shelving. Logan, who is here from Madison for the holiday, offered to go along.

After lunch and a short nap, Logan and Dennis got busy on the shed project. They carried out all the stuff that was on the floor.


That didn’t leave much inside. (Yeah, I should have also asked that the shed be painted inside before moving in shelving, but I dared not press my luck.)


With two people working the shelving went together quickly. (That's the Bee House in the background, and its new side door.)


In about an hour the whole job was done.


Uh-ho, it now becomes clear that we have way too many coolers. Thrift store donations are in order. I’ll add that to my long, long to-do list, but right now I’m going to make those cookies.


Copyright 2015 by Shirley Domer

No comments:

Post a Comment